- Doctoral student in the Department of Oceanography at the University of Hawaii at Manoa; advised by Dr. Robert Toonen at the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology
- Eric’s dissertation research examines the connectivity of reef organisms across sites in the Society Islands. He has worked primarily at the community level to develop collaborations among academics and fishermen towards improving management initiatives for Hawaii’s nearshore resources.
- Kure Atoll Conservancy — Board Member
- Hōkūleʻa Worldwide Voyage Science at Sea — Lead Investigator of Pelagic Fisheries Project
- B.S. in Marine Biology from Brown University, specializing in the molecular ecology of marine resources