Water Quality Scientist
- Studies water quality of estuaries to reduce the negative effects of eutrophication, specifically in the Elkhorn Slough on the central coast of California
- Manages a water quality monitoring program which has been monitoring the Elkhorn Slough Watershed on a monthly basis since 1989, one of the longest running water quality monitoring programs in the state.
- Manages four permanent water quality monitoring stations for the National Estuarine Research Reserve at Elkhorn Slough. Two of the stations have been sampling every 15 minutes since 1995.
- Currently incorporating UAS Drone surveys to monitor and restore wetland habitats
- Graduated from Moss Landing Marine Labs in 2002
- Outside of work you will find John surfing or with his wife, Gala, and their two girls, Jade and Ananda, on their farm with chickens, goats, and dogs